"And here with you, under these colors. I'll stay with you, there is no other. We share a name, we share a wonder. And on the road ahead we'll keep going further."

Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

365 days of Fenix

Before Fenix was born I thought I knew what love was.
I thought I knew how much I loved my husband.
I thought I knew what beauty was.
I thought I knew what true joy, happiness and laughter felt like.

When he came into this world he changed everything.
Now,  love is a never ending, infinite feeling that is so intense that my heart doesn't seem big enough.

Giving birth to our son that we created together and watching my husband crying tears of absolute joy as he saw our son come into this world is something I will never forget. I fell in love with my husband in a way that I did not know was possible.

Fenix also redefined my definition of beauty. I have never, and until we have more children, will never see anything more beautiful than when I look at my son. From the top of his curly head down to his chunky little toes, I love it all.

There is also nothing like watching someone grow up and experience life for the first time. Any and every little thing he has done we have been there cheering him on and loving on him every possible chance we get. There is no doubt that he will always feel loved.

I am still processing and trying to wrap my head around the fact that a year ago, this was my son.





Before he was born I had prayed and dreamed about my son and what he would look like. In my wildest dreams I could not have imagined anything more beautiful. He is a blessing from the Lord and I am so honored and humbled to call myself his mama.

"As surely as you live, my Lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the Lord. I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord." 1 Samuel 1:26-28


0 comments: