"And here with you, under these colors. I'll stay with you, there is no other. We share a name, we share a wonder. And on the road ahead we'll keep going further."

Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

And the big news in the Ramsaur family is...


We are moving to Phoenix, Arizona!

It is a 99% possibility and all we are waiting for is the official formal offer from Matt's company.

I have been praying my little heart out for the last month. I just had this feeling that God was calling us somewhere and there was a reason that Matt and I had been discussing moving outside California. At first, it just seemed like one of the dozen conversations we have had in the last 5 years: moving to Oregon, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, Texas, you name it, we have probably discussed moving there. The more I prayed about it, the more it seemed like it would be a possibility.  I knew that wherever God wanted us, He will provide and He will make it happen. I prayed that whatever His will is then to just give us a sign. A few days later BAM! Matt got offered the position. I don't think we could get a more obvious sign than that.

Matt called me a few days ago and told me he had news. He received an informal offer from the regional director of the call centers and he offered Matt a team lead position in Phoenix with the possibility of advancing in the near future. Currently there is not a call center in Phoenix and they are building it right now. Matt would be the point of contact at that center and if he does well, they want to promote him to a supervisor. Which is a title he definitely wants to have on his resume so that eventually he can get into the IT field which is something he really wants to do as a career. 

Because I believe 100% that this is God's plan for us, I don't feel anxious or scared. Yeah, a little part of me is nervous but overall I feel at peace and I am honestly excited to start this new adventure!

We don't have an exact move date but we are thinking sometime in the middle of September or at the very latest in October.

The great thing is that during the first few months out there, he was given the ok to come back to the Anaheim office every couple of months for two weeks and work. His company knows we will be leaving everything and everyone we know behind so they are being very accommodating and allowing Matt to come back so that it will make the transition a little easier. They also discussed the possibility of Matt working 4 10 hour shifts. That would give Matt 3 days off and the ability to be home more often.

Financially this is a decision that makes complete sense. The cost of living out there is CHEAP and I mean CHEAP. I will also be able to stay home with Fenix and I wouldn't need to get a job. Yes, we will be away from our family and friends but it is only a 6 hour drive and a 1 hour plane ride. Our families are already planning to visit us as much as they can.

I have been researching Phoenix a lot but I don't know that much about it. We will be taking a road trip there in a month to look for an apartment and tour the city. If any of you have helpful information we would gladly appreciate it!

I also want to say thank you to everyone regarding my last post. I got so many comments and sweet messages and it made me realize that we have so many friends that love and care about us. 

Please, if you can, keep us in your prayers. This is an incredibly exciting time in our lives and we are really happy to start this new journey.

And yes,
Fenix is going to be living in Phoenix.




0 comments: